The Maruzza Foundation endeavours to enhance access to quality child-specific palliative care through the organisation of cutting-edge training opportunities developed for healthcare professionals working in a series of contexts and diverse care settings with children with serious illness and their families.
Following the success of the first European edition of the EPEC-Paediatrics Workshop in November 2019 and the elevated number of requests to replicate this exceptional initiative, REGISTRATION for the EPEC-Paediatrics Advanced Pain and Palliative Care Virtual Workshop is NOW OPEN.
EPEC-Pediatrics curriculum features state-of-the-art knowledge in pain treatment, symptom management and training in the skills required to address key domains in Pediatric Palliative Care. The program is designed to give pediatric healthcare professionals (incl. physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, psychologists etc.) the knowledge and skills needed to provide excellent palliative care to their patients and their families.
4-day virtual conference attendance (4 hours/day) with live plenary sessions and breakout Zoom sessions
Plus access to 18 self-study online modules on pain and symptom management, grief and bereavement, child development, and more
7 Plenary Sessions
- What is Pediatric Palliative Care (PPC) and why Does it Matter: An Overview
- Multimodal Analgesia
- Spirituality, Grief and Bereavement
- Goals of Care Discussion as a Fundamental PPC Intervention/li>
- Neuropathic Pain Management and Adjuvant Analgesia
- Caring for the Imminently Dying Child and their Family
7 Breakout Sessions (small Zoom groups with max 12 participants)
- Self-Care for Professionals
- Management of Respiratory Symptoms
- Team Collaboration and EffectivenessC
- Opioid Selection and Opioid Rotation
- Communication and Planning
- Procedural Pain Management Strategies
- Management of Refractory Distress
Key Teaching Modalities
- Interactive Lecture
- Role Play
- Case Study